Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:42:10 -0600

593 
FZPN40 PHFO 150442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED DEC 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 27N170W TO LOW 26N176W 1007 MB 
THENCE COLD FRONT TO 23N175W TO 20N178W TO 15N177W. LOW MOVING NE 25 
KT AND COLD FRONT MOVING SE 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 21N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 179W. NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N169W TO 11N169W TO 11N180W TO 20N178W TO 
27N176W TO 30N180W TO 30N169W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA WITH GALE FORCE WINDS. 
FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 25N170W TO 20N175W TO 17N180W. ASSOCIATED 
WINDS IN AREA DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 25N170W TO 17N179W. 
SEE FZPN01 KWBC FOR FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N. 

.LOW JUST N OF AREA. COLD FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 23N174E TO 20N170E 
TO 19N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 172E AND 168E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT N OF 23N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N176E 1006 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 171E AND 177E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N178W 1005 MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 26N179W TO 
22N177E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 180E AND 174E. 

.HIGH JUST W OF AREA NEAR 25N159W 1013 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGES 
FROM HIGH TO 21N167E AND FROM HIGH TO 30N162E MOVING SE SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 24N161E 1015 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N163E 1016 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 29N150W TO 30N156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF AREA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 28N162W TO 25N170W. SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 144W AND 156W. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 29N160E MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 27N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 14N178E TO 05N169E NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 25N155W TO 18N170W TO 15N178W NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 23N170W TO 17N180W TO 
16N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 12 FT N OF 25N W OF 176E. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF 11N W OF 157W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 27N W OF 169E. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 06N153W TO 07N170W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 05N TO 11N E OF 158W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.