Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:15:54 -0600

905 
FZPN01 KWBC 151015
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED DEC 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.OVER WATERS N OF 45N W OF 166E AREA OF SE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 38N W OF 174E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N162E 994 MB. N OF 50N W OF 173E WINDS 
35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 44N W OF 178E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA WITH A FRONT FROM 61N177E 
TO 54N175E. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N145W 974 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 480 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 1020 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS AND 180 NM N AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N149W 988 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM SW AND 480 NM NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N145W 991 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
55N145W TO 53N134W TO 44N127W. WITHIN 900 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS 
AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N172E 1001 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 
168W AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVED S OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N176W 1002 MB. FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 
162W AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N179W 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 
163W AND 174E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N160E 993 MB. FROM 36N TO 53N W OF 175E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.FROM 57N TO 61N BETWEEN 162W AND 167W AND ALSO N OF 62N W OF 
167W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N154W TO 57N160W TO 59N167W 
AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 34N146W 1012 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 
145W AND 168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N137W 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N130W 1007 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N142W 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 34N 
BETWEEN 138W AND 148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 41N AND W OF 
164E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N BETWEEN 171E AND 167E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 51N178W 1040 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N176W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N175W 1041 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 36N127W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.  

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N 
TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 101W AND 108W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 88W AND 94W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 90W AND 93W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 18N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NE SWELL. NW OF LINE 30N132W TO 27N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 17N TO 20N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. N OF 28N W OF 135W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED DEC 15...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 05N95W TO 
07N102W TO LOW PRES NEAR 09N124W TO 08N140W. CLUSTER OF MODERATE 
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W 
AND 128W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NEAR 07N129W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 140 NM N OF AXIS W OF 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.