Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 04:45:13 -0600

213 
FZPN40 PHFO 151045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED DEC 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...

.LOW 28N176W 1006 MB MOVING N 10 KT. ASSOCIATED WARM FRONT FROM LOW 
THROUGH 30N160W MOVING N 10 KT. WEAK COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 20N178W
TO 14N170E MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 168W 
AND 178W. SCATTERED TSTMS N OF 24N BETWEEN 177W AND 177E. ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 24N170W TO 
20N174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND WARM MOVED OF FCST AREA. WEAK COLD FRONT 
FROM 30N168W TO 24N170W TO 18N178W...BECOMING STATIONARY.
WINDS DIMINISHED 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N178W 1005 MB WITH DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 
27N166W TO 18N175W. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 600 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF 
LOW. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 24N BETWEEN 178W AND 173E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW N OF FCST AREA NEAR 32N172E 1001 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
SEE LATEST FZPN KWBC FOR MORE DETAILS ON THIS FEATURE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N178E 1006 MB.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.STATIONARY FRONT ALONG 30N FROM 170W TO 155W...THENCE COLD FRONT 
TO A LOW AT 33N146W 1017 MB.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 28N144W TO 30N150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF FCST AREA.

.REMNANT FRONT FROM 12N166E TO 16N160E MOVING W 10 KT SCATTERED 
SHOWERS WITHIN 50 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 18N180E TO 08N170E...STATIONARY.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
16N177W TO 08N175E.

.HIGH JUST W OF AREA NEAR 24N159W 1011 MB MOVING E SLOWLY. RIDGE 
FROM HIGH TO 20N167E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N164E 1014 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA FROM 30N156W TO 28N150E MOVING E 10 KT.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT. ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 28N 
W OF 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 14N178E TO 05N169E NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 25N160W TO 22N170W TO 12S177E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N158W TO 13N180W TO 17N180W TO 
16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S AND E OF A LINE FROM 21N140W TO 18N162W 
TO 00N162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 20N W OF 180E AND BETWEEN 
20N AND 10N FROM 160W TO 180E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W 
OF 162W...AND BETWEEN 20N AND 10N E OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 18 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 173W AND 170E.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N BETWEEN 175W AND 170E...AND W OF 
A LINE FROM 30N164E TO  27N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 10N 
FROM 160W TO 170W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
20N172W TO 08N174W.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 06N163W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM 
N OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.