Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:59:04 -0600

764 
ATPQ40 PGUM 151458
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST THU DEC 16 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 18N180 TO 
14N172E...THEN CONTINUES WESTWARD AS A SHEAR LINE CURVING FROM 
14N172E TO 12N164E TO END NEAR 18N150E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 50 MILES NORTH OF THE 
STATIONARY FRONT FROM 16N176E TO 18N180. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND 
ALONG AND UP TO 80 MILES NORTH OF THE SHEAR LINE.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH PASSING OVER CHUUK EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 
8N147E TO 3N153E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED SOUTH OF CHUUK 
WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N149E TO 2N154E.

LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS JUST NORTH OF 
KOSRAE WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FORM 6N159E TO 6N167E AND NORTHEAST 
OF MAJURO WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N172E TO 11N180.

A STATIONARY FRONT RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N143E TO END NEAR 
20N132E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED ALONG THIS FEATURE WITHIN 50 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 20N133E TO 23N142E.
 
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.