Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:46:43 -0600

498 
FZPN01 KWBC 151546
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED DEC 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N146W 978 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 52N TO 57N BETWEEN 152W AND 158W WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 61N BETWEEN 129W 
AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N148W 989 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NW OF A LINE 
FROM 53N152W TO 56N148W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM W SEMICIRCLE...AND 300 NM N OF A LINE 
FROM 55N149W TO 56N140W TO 50N132W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM NE AND 1020 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N144W 990 MB. WITHIN 840 NM SW...960 NM 
W AND NW...600 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS...AND 180 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 50N130W TO 34N127W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER WATERS N OF 40N W OF 175E AREA OF SE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N W OF 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 59N BETWEEN 180W AND 170E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 50N162E BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 30N175W 1004 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
160W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N177W 1004 MB. FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 
162W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED S OF AREA. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
160W AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N162E 993 MB. FROM 40N TO 56N W OF 
180W...AND FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 172E WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 63N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY FROM 
57N TO 60N BETWEEN 158W AND 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY FROM 
57N TO 59N BETWEEN 157W AND 164W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 32N172E 1003 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 480 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVED S OF AREA. 

.LOW 33N142W 1012 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
140W AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N132W 1008 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 48N144W IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N155W 1008 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N138W 1004 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
134W AND 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 53N W 
OF 169E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 48N BETWEEN 171E AND 
167E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 38N TO 53N BETWEEN 168E AND 161E.

.HIGH 53N177W 1042 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N175W 1043 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 46N162E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 
95W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHAUNTEPEC WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 96W AND 
107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 90W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 
90W AND 95W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N BETWEEN 86W AND 87W NE TO E 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W NE WINDS 20 KT EXCEPT S 
WINDS S OF 08N. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 127W AND 132W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT EXCEPT S TO SW WINDS S OF 09N. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 130W AND 135W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 20N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 29N W OF 138W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N133W TO 27N140W. WITHIN 45 NM E 
OF FRONT N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. W OF FRONT TO 137W 
W TO NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N125W TO 27N131W. W 
OF FRONT TO 130W W TO NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. N OF 29N W OF 
134W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1345 UTC WED DEC 15...

SCATTERED MODERATE S OF 05N E OF 80W TO COAST OF COLOMBIA AND 
ECUADOR.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO 04N92W TO 
07N104W TO 06N111W TO LOW PRES 09N125W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 210 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 133W AND 138W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 240 NM S AND 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF 
LOW PRES.

$$
.FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.