Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:45:06 -0600

321 
FZPN40 PHFO 151645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED DEC 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 30N175W 1004 MB MOVING NW SLOWLY. ASSOCIATED WARM FRONT FROM 
LOW TO 30N160W THENCE COLD FRONT THROUGH 29N155W TO 30N147W TO A LOW 
33N142W 1015 MB. WEAK COLD FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 19N180E MOVING E 
SLOWLY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 170W AND 178W. SCATTERED 
TSTMS N OF 25N BETWEEN 175W AND 179E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 19N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF FCST AREA NR 32N177W AT 1001 MB. 
COLD FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N147W TO 30N153W. DISSIPATING WEAK COLD 
FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 24N170W TO 17N178W...BECOMING STATIONARY 
TROUGH. WINDS DIMINISHED TO LESS THAN 20 KT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 26N177W 1004 MB. TROUGH FROM LOW THROUGH 
20N177W TO 13N179W. COLD FRONT MOVED E OF FCST AREA. DISSIPATING 
TROUGH FROM 29N164W TO 20N174W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 
180E AND 172E.

.LOW N OF FCST AREA NEAR 32N172E 1002 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING LOW 30N176E 1004 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 26N BETWEEN 180E AND 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.COLD FRONT VICINITY OF 30N160E MOVING SE 12 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 28N162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.REMNANT FRONT FROM 14N170E TO 13N165E TO 14N160E MOVING W 10 KT. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS WITHIN 50 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT.

.HIGH NEAR 24N160E 1013 MB MOVING ENE 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 
18N170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 26N165E 1015 MB.
.36 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 1021 MB NEAR 26N140W WITH RIDGE TO 24N160W TO 20N170W TO 
14S180E NEARLY STATIONARY. HIGH MOVING SW SLOWLY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N143W 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 24N143W 1017 MB.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 13N176W TO 
13N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 18N162W TO 08N162W.
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 22N153W TO 18N153W...AND IN THE AREA 
S OF 08N BETWEEN 150W AND 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 20N W OF 162W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT
BETWEEN 20N AND 10N E OF 173E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 179W AND 172E.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 20N177W TO
20N172E TO 30N167E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 27N W OF 162E. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT BETWEEN 15N AND 08N FROM 158W TO 171W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
20N171W TO 13N171W TO 08N174W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N165W...AND FROM 07N170E TO 07N160E.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170E.
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$

.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.