Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:37:23 -0600

332 
ATHW40 PHFO 151837
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED DEC 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 15 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING...AND AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH TO THE 
SOUTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS. THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS IS ALONG A 
LINE FROM 17.3N 148.8W TO 8.1N 158.1W. A MORE INTENSE UPPER LEVEL 
LOW IS NEAR 33N 175E. 

THE SURFACE SYSTEM ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER SYSTEM WEST OF THE 
DATELINE HAS A FRONTAL SYSTEM NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS. THE LEADING EDGE OF THE LAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
FRONT ARE ABOUT 445 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AT 8 AM. 

THE FIRST VISIBLE IMAGES OF THE DAY SHOWS LIMITED CLOUDS OVER THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. ON KAUAI...THE LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND ALONG THE 
EAST SIDE OF THE ISLAND...WHILE ON NIIHAU...CLOUDS ARE PASSING OVER 
THE NORTH AND SOUTH ENDS OF THE ISLAND. ON OAHU...LOW CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND ALONG THE COASTAL SECTIONS ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE ISLAND. A 
FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE HALAWA VALLEY ON MOLOKAI...AND OVER 
THE EAST END OF KAHOOLAWE...WHILE LANAI IS VIRTUALLY FREE. ON 
MAUI...CLOUDS ARE BUILDING OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST 
MAUI MOUNTAINS...WITH A FEW CLOUDS OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE SOUTH HILO AND 
PUNA DISTRICTS. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN TO BUILD OVER 
THE WEST SIDE OF THE ISLAND FROM HAWAIIAN OCEAN VIEW ESTATES TO THE 
NORTH KONA AND SOUTH KOHALA DISTRICT BORDER. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.