Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:47:32 -0600

835 
FXPQ60 PGUM 151947
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
547 AM CHST THU DEC 16 2010

.SYNOPSIS...
GENTLE TRADES AND ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT ACROSS THE MARIANAS.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
MODELS KEEP QUIET WEATHER PATTERN IN PLACE FOR THE NEXT WEEK OR
SO. GENTLE TRADES SHOULD BECOME MODERATE AT TIMES OVER THE WEEKEND
WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN CLOUDS. OTHERWISE...JUST ISOLATED
SHOWERS.

&&

.MARINE/SURF...
SEAS SHOULD RISE OVER THE WEEKEND AS NE SWELL SLOWLY INCREASES AND
A NEW NW-N SWELL COMES IN SATURDAY AND INCREASES SUNDAY.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
A NARROW BAND OF SHOWERS FORMING ALONG AN AREA OF LOW-LEVEL 
CONVERGENCE IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT KOSRAE WATERS THIS MORNING BEFORE 
TAPERING OFF THIS AFTERNOON. OTHERWISE...RELATIVELY DRY AND 
UNEVENTFUL WEATHER WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE ENTIRE REGION THROUGH 
THE WEEKEND. MODELS HINT AT ANOTHER SHEAR LINE APPROACHING THE 
MARSHALLS MONDAY...BUT LIMITED MOISTURE AND CONTINUED SUBSIDENCE 
ALOFT SHOULD PREVENT ANY WIDESPREAD SHOWERS.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
LARGE-SCALE SUBSIDENCE OVER PALAU WILL PROMOTE LIMITED SHOWER 
DEVELOPMENT DESPITE AN INVERTED SURFACE TROUGH PASSING THRU THE
REGION. ANOTHER TROUGH WEST OF CHUUK WILL BE THE FOCUS OF
CONVECTION BUT SHOWER COVERAGE IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN ISOLATED AT
YAP AND KOROR TONIGHT AND FRIDAY AS THE TROUGH PROGRESSES WESTWARD.
LITTLE CHANGE TO THE FORECAST FOR CHUUK AS WELL AS MODERATE TRADE
WINDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS PERSIST THROUGH THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

MIDDLEBROOKE/WILLIAMS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.