Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:42:22 -0600

857 
FZPN01 KWBC 152142
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED DEC 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N148W 978 MB MOVING S 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 51N TO 57N BETWEEN 153W AND 160W WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 61N BETWEEN 129W 
AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N148W 989 MB. WITHIN 120 NM W OF A LINE 
FROM 50N152W TO 52N153W TO 56N150W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 60N BETWEEN 143W AND 170W...AND 
WITHIN 180 NM N AND E OF A LINE FROM 56N143W TO 56N136W TO 
44N126W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM 
NE AND 960 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N146W 990 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM W SEMICIRCLE...AND 180 NM N AND E OF A LINE FROM 
55N145W TO 54N135W TO 48N128W TO 41N128W TO 34N122W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 40N TO 57N BETWEEN 180W AND 166W...AND FROM 40N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 175W TO 180W AREA OF SE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 56N174W TO 
40N170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N165E BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N175W 1000 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
160W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N177W 1002 MB. WITHIN 600 NM NW AND 720 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA NEAR 26N178W 1005 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 840 NM NW AND 1080 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 45N W OF 166E AREA OF E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST NW OF AREA 53N165E 994 MB. FROM 38N 
TO 58N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 31N173E 1005 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 600 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVED S OF AREA. 

.LOW 34N138W 1012 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
134W AND 143W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N131W 1010 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
127W AND 136W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 48N146W IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N151W 1009 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N135W 1004 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
130W AND 142W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 170E AND 162E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 50N TO 56N BETWEEN 176E AND 
173E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 56N BETWEEN 176E AND 165E. 

.HIGH 53N177W 1040 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N174W 1040 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N174W 1040 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 49N166E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 98W AND 106W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 86W AND 91W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 79W AND 81W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W NE WINDS 20 KT EXCEPT S 
WINDS S OF 08N. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 127W AND 132W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT EXCEPT S TO SW WINDS S OF 09N. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 130W AND 135W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 08N TO 16N W OF 138W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 29N W OF 138W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N131W TO 27N140W. WITHIN 45 NM E 
OF FRONT N OF 29N SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. W OF FRONT TO 135W 
W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 28N W OF 132W SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED DEC 15...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 04N91W TO 
08N103W TO 05N110W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N126W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED
MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM E OF LOW PRES.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.