Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:45:13 -0600

614 
FZPN40 PHFO 152245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED DEC 15 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 15 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 16 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 17 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK COLD FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 26N170W THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT 
TO 20N176W TO 17N177E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 75 NM OF FRONT N OF 17N...AND BETWEEN 13N AND 20N E OF 
FRONT W OF 170W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 20N175...THENCE A 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 17N171W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA E OF FRONT N 
OF 29N BETWEEN 148W AND 158W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 29N165W TO 20N174W. FRONT E 
OF 165W MOVING S 10 KT. FRONT W OF 165W DISSIPATING. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 27N E OF 165W. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING LOW 29N177E 1004 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 27N BETWEEN 180E AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 26N178E 1005 MB. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 172E.

.WEAK COLD FRONT EXTENDING S TO NEAR 30N160E MOVING E 12 KT AND 
DISSIPATING. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 29N163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 1021 MB NEAR 26N142W WITH RIDGE TO 24N155W TO 16N164W TO 
14S180E NEARLY STATIONARY THEN MOVING E AFTER 24 HOURS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N145W 1018 MB. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 20N170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF FORECAST AREA. RIDGE FROM 23N140W  
TO 25N163W.

.RIDGE FROM 23N160E TO 21N170E TO 18N175E NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST RIDGE REALIGNED FROM 30N167E TO 22N162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST RIDGE FROM 30N167E TO 23N160E.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 12 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 164W AND 173E. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT 
FROM 23N TO 27N BETWEEN 169W AND 174W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N 
OF 18N W OF 165W...AND FROM 09N TO 16N BETWEEN 155W AND 161W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 168W AND 173E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 19 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 173E AND 180E.
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 23N BETWEEN 175W AND 170E.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 170W AND 
174E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 07N161W...AND FROM 07N170E TO 05N160E.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 141W AND 
153W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 160E AND 170E. 

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.