Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:15:30 -0600

687 
FZPN40 PHFO 160315
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU DEC 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK COLD FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 27N170W THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT 
TO 20N177W TO 16N175E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 18N.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 18N178W THENCE A 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 15N174W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA E OF FRONT N 
OF 29N BETWEEN 148W AND 158W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 18N175W TO 
20N174W. 

.WEAK COLD FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 28N143W THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT 
TO 30N154W. COLD FRONT MOVING ESE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 28N144W DISSIPATING. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF FORECAST AREA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST N OF FORECAST AREA BETWEEN 145W AND 
160W MOVING S SLOWLY. SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 
145W AND 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N160W TO 30N165W. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 28N E OF 150W.

.LOW 1005 MB JUST N OF FORECAST AREA NEAR 30N175E MOVING SE 10 KT 
AND DISSIPATING. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 173E AND 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NEW LOW 1003 MB JUST N OF FORECAST 
AREA NEAR 31N177W MOVING S. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 174E 
AND 179E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 25N178W 1006 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 172E. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST N OF FORECAST AREA BETWEEN 145W AND 
160W MOVING S SLOWLY. SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 
145W AND 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N160W TO 30N165W. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 28N E OF 150W.

.FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 28N163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA AND DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 1017 MB NEAR 26N148W. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 17N172W AND FROM 
HIGH TO 25N140W. HIGH AND RIDGES MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N143W 1016 MB. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 20N169W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF FORECAST AREA. RIDGE FROM 23N140W  
TO 22N157W.

.HIGH 23N163E 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. RIDGE FROM 
HIGH TO 20N176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST RIDGE REALIGNED FROM 30N168E TO 25N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST RIDGE FROM 30N167E TO 25N160E.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 11 FT N OF 25N W OF 176E. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT N OF 20N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 178E...AND FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 157W AND 163W.  
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 160W...AND FROM 08N TO 20N E 
OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF 24N BETWEEN 175W AND 175E. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 23N BETWEEN 170W AND 172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 18 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 172E AND 178E.
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 21N BETWEEN 176W AND 168E.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN FROM 04N TO 08N BETWEEN 165W AND 
174W...FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 176W AND 177E...AND FROM 04N TO 08N W 
OF 165E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 07N161W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 
NM OF N OF ITCZ...AND WITHIN 100 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 147W. 

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.