Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:17:08 -0600

705 
FZPN01 KWBC 160417
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU DEC 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 55N148W 984 MB MOVING S 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
WATERS WITHIN 720 NM NW AND 840 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS AND 180 NM 
E OF A LINE FROM 57N149W TO 56N138W TO 48N139W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N146W 988 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 56N143W TO 52N134W TO 
45N129W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N144W 991 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SW 
AND W SEMICIRCLES AND 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 54N142W TO 50N131W 
TO 45N129W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 33N175W 997 MB WILL MOVE SW 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM N AND 240 NM S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N177W 1003 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SW...600 NM NW...AND 720 NM NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED S OF AREA. FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 
162W AND 173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER WATERS N OF 47N BETWEEN 172E AND 166E AREA OF SE WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 42N BETWEEN 178E AND 
165E AND N OF 45N W OF 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 61N178E TO 
50N172E AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY LOW 59N167E BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 32N161W 1011 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
156W AND 163W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N146W 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 
143W AND 151W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N131W 995 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 36N132W TO 32N134W. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 44N158E 998 MB. FROM 36N TO 48N 
W OF 173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 59N167E 986 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW TO 55N170E TO 46N168E TO 37N160E. WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 44N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS AND 420 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 30N176E 1005 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.LOW 34N136W 1008 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
133W AND 142W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N128W 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
125W AND 132W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 42N131W IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.  

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 171E AND 164E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 47N W OF 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N BETWEEN 177E AND 168E.  

.HIGH 54N177W 1039 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N175W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N172W 1040 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 53N168E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 11N BETWEEN 86W AND 89W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 126W AND 129W NE WINDS 20 KT EXCEPT S 
WINDS S OF 08N. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 08N TO 11N W OF 137W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N137W TO 29N140W. N OF 28N W OF 135W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N127W TO 25N137W. WITHIN 60 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. W 
OF FRONT TO 135W W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FIRST FRONT DISSIPATED. SECOND COLD FRONT FROM 
30N136W TO 29N140W. N OF 28N W OF 132W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU DEC 16...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO 05N92W TO 
10N121W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N127W TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.