Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 23:00:15 -0600

998 
ATHW40 PHFO 160500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU DEC 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC DECEMBER 16 2010

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS THIS EARLY EVENING ARE MAINLY CONFINED TO UPSLOPE 
AREAS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN 
EAST MAUI.  ALSO...SCATTERED TO BROKEN THIN HIGH CLOUDS MOVING FROM 
THE NORTH AND NORTHWEST ARE OVERSPREADING THE ALOHA STATE.  SKIES 
ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY BELOW THE HIGHER CLOUDINESS.  
LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST NEAR 15 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND VEERS SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST-SOUTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH MOVING 
UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

EXCEPT FOR AN AREA OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS PASSING BY SOUTHEAST AND 
SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND...CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...DISCOUNTING ANY HIGH-LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS.

A WEAK FRONT IS FAR NORTH AND NORTHEAST OF THE STATE...AND IS MADE 
UP OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS.  AT THE MOMENT...MOST OF THE 
CLOUDINESS IS NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N131W TO 27N136W TO 26N140W TO 
26N150W TO 30N154W.  THE PART OF THE FRONT DIRECTLY NORTH OF THE BIG 
ISLAND IS MOVING AWAY TOWARD THE NORTH AND EAST.  A STRONGER FRONT 
IS FAR WEST OF THE ISLANDS AND HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY.  THE 
SYSTEM IS GENERATING BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS 
WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200 MILES EITHER SIDE 
OF A LINE FROM 30N166W TO 20N174W TO 10N179W.  THIS BOUNDARY IS 
CURRENTLY EAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL...WHERE CONDITIONS RECENTLY HAVE BEEN 
FEW LOW CLOUDS...UNLIMITED VISIBILITY...AND WINDS FROM THE WEST TO 
WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH GUSTING TO 15 TO 20 MPH.

CONVECTION HAS BEEN FAIRLY WEAK ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS 
HAVE BEEN FIRING FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 140W AND 172W...WITH MORE 
ACTIVITY LOCATED FROM 10N TO 12.5N BETWEEN 143W AND 149W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.