Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 04:02:02 -0600

327 
FZPN01 KWBC 161001
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU DEC 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N148W 987 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
WATERS WITHIN 720 NM NW AND 840 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS AND 180 NM 
E OF A LINE FROM 57N147W TO 54N136W TO 49N134W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N146W 990 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 55N141W TO 50N131W TO 
44N128W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N142W 991 MB. WITHIN 540 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SW 
AND W SEMICIRCLES AND 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 52N136W TO 46N130W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 33N175W 997 MB WILL MOVE SW 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM N AND 240 NM S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N178W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SW...600 NM NW...AND 720 NM NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED S OF AREA. FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 
162W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER WATERS N OF 48N BETWEEN 174E AND 168E AREA OF SE WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 42N BETWEEN 179E AND 
167E AND N OF 47N W OF 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 61N178W TO 
53N174E AREA OF S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY LOW 61N166E BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N157W 1011 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
153W AND 161W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N142W 1006 MB. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 
139W AND 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N130W 989 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 39N128W TO 33N129W. WITHIN 660 NM SW QUADRANT AND 240 NM E 
AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N160E 993 MB. FROM 34N TO 52N W OF 175E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 61N166E 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 57N174E TO 49N170E. OVER WATERS WITHIN 540 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N168E 1005 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE AND 420 
NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.  

.LOW 33N134W 1008 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
131W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N127W 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
123W AND 130W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 45N130W IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 174E AND 166E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 48N W OF 173E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 43N BETWEEN 179W AND 169E. 

.HIGH 53N176W 1039 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N175W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N172W 1039 MB.

.HIGH 35N150W 1019 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N174E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W TO 27N140W. NW OF FRONT NW WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N E OF FRONT TO 132W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W TO 26N140W. NW OF 
FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 
28N E OF FRONT TO 128W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N126W TO 25N135W. 
N OF 27N W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 29N E OF FRONT TO 124W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.TROUGH FROM 14N125W TO 06N133W. FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 126W 
AND 129W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR THROUGH FROM 14N128W TO 07N136W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 07N TO 11N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 107W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 88W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N136W TO 28N140W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N132W TO 28N140W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 29N140W. NW OF LINE 
30N129W TO 27N140W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU DEC 16...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO 04N95W TO 
08N106W TO 08N120W TO TO 10N128W TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.