Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 04:42:12 -0600

530 
FZPN40 PHFO 161042
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU DEC 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 29N176E 1006 MOVING ESE 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 178E AND 172E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 29N BETWEEN 176E 
AND 179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 26N179W 1005 MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 30N178W. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN 178W AND 172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 25N180W 1005 MB. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 166W AND 176E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N152W TO 28N160W TO 28N170W TO LOW CENTER TO 25N170E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 26N170W TO 20N175W TO 17N180W TO 
13N168E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY A 
LINE FROM 30N171W TO 16N179E TO 16N170W TO 30N162W TO 30N171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 30N162W TO 24N170W TO 
17N180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N160W TO 28N170W TO 20N174W TO 
14N180W. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 28N146W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT 
TO 30N151W. COLD FRONT MOVING ESE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONTS MOVED E AND N OF FORECAST AREA. 

.FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 25N144W 1015 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. NEARLY STATIONARY RIDGES 
FROM HIGH TO 24N160W TO 17N174W AND FROM HIGH TO 24N140W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 23N143W 1017 MB.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF FORECAST AREA. 

.HIGH 24N163E 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. NEARLY STATIONARY RIDGES 
FROM HIGH TO 25N160E...FROM HIGH TO 30N167E...AND FROM HIGH TO 
20N170E TO 20N178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N164E 1016 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 15N175W TO 09N176W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 09N TO 16N BETWEEN 172W AND 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 13N172W TO 07N176W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 30N153W. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 29N E OF 146W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N160W. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N162W TO 25N170W TO 25N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 179W AND 174E. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 22N BETWEEN 174W AND 171E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N163W TO 
28N170W TO 26N180W TO 24N173E TO 30N166E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 28N160W TO 26N170W TO 19N175E TO 
28N160E. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N156W TO 07N171W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 06N TO 12N E OF 158W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 07N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 172W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.