Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 06:00:07 -0600

756 
ATHW40 PHFO 161200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC THU DEC 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC DECEMBER 16 2010

SKIES ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY OVER MOST OF THE ALOHA STATE THIS 
EARLY MORNING.  OCCASIONAL LOW CEILINGS HAVE BEEN MAINLY CONFINED TO 
THE PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS ON THE BIG ISLAND...AND TO LEEWARD 
KOHALA AND NORTHERN PARTS OF NORTH KONA.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM 
THE EAST STATEWIDE...NEAR 15 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
SLOWING TO LESS THAN 10 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

STABLE-LOOKING SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS HAVE BEEN FORMING 
NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND...SOUTH AND 
WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND SOUTH OF MAUI COUNTY.  CONDITIONS ARE 
CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

A FRONT IS FAR NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS AND MOVING AWAY.  THE 
BOUNDARY CONSISTS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...CURRENTLY NORTH 
OF A LINE FROM 27.5N130W TO 25.5N140W TO 25.5N145W TO 26.5N150W TO 
30N151W.  ANOTHER FRONT IS STATIONARY FAR WEST OF THE STATE.  AS OF 
BULLETIN TIME...MOST OF THE MULTILAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
SYSTEM...WHICH ARE EMBEDDED WITH SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS...ARE 
WITHIN 250 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 20N172W TO 
14N180 TO 08N175W.

UNORGANIZED...AND FAIRLY WEAK...CONVECTION HAS BEEN IGNITING ALONG 
THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WITHIN 130 MILES EITHER SIDE 
OF A LINE FROM 08N140W TO 13N150W TO 08N153W TO 08N163W.  MORE 
ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 05N TO 07N BETWEEN 167W AND 171.5W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.