Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:46:44 -0600

033 
FZPN01 KWBC 161546
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU DEC 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N149W 984 MB MOVING S 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM W AND 420 NM 
NW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM W SEMICIRCLE...540 NM S QUADRANT...AND 120 NM N 
AND E OF A FRONT FROM 57N150W TO 58N145W TO 56N138W TO 50N132W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NE 
AND 1020 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N146W 989 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...660 NM N QUADRANT...AND 180 NM N AND E OF A LINE 
FROM 54N143W TO 54N135W TO 48N127W TO 38N135W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N131W 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N175W 100 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N179W 1006 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW AND 900 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED S OF AREA. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
162W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN 178W AND 170E AND FROM 49N TO 54N W OF 
170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 55N TO 63N BETWEEN 167W AND 177W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N153W 1008 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
150W AND 158W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N138W 1003 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
133W AND 143W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N131W 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 240 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 33N TO 59N BETWEEN 125W AND 159W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 42N152W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N162E 991 MB. FROM 40N TO 56N W OF 180W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 65N168E 985 MB. WITHIN 480 NM 
NE OF A FRONT FROM 59N178E TO 50N171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N162E 1002 MB. FROM 32N TO 40N W OF 
170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N172E 1008 MB. FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 
177W AND 165E WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N163E 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 33N132W 1007 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
128W AND 137W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N124W 1006 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
120W AND 130W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 173E AND 168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 172E AND 
163E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
58N178E TO 44N170E. 

.HIGH 53N174W 1040 MB MOVING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N173W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N171W 1038 MB. 

.HIGH 47N165E 1021 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 26.5N140W. NW OF FRONT TO 135W W TO 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF 
FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N 
E OF FRONT TO 128W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 25N128W. 
N OF 26N W OF FRONT TO 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.TROUGH FROM 14N127W TO 06N132W. FROM 08N TO 10N BETWEEN 128W 
AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR THROUGH FROM 13N130W TO 07N132W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N TO NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N136W TO 29N140W. NW OF 
FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 
120 NM E OF FRONT SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 26N140W TO 30N130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU DEC 16...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 03N78W TO 08N87W TO 
03N93W TO 09N105W TO 05N117W TO 09N128W TO 08N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.