Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:42:10 -0600

529 
FZPN40 PHFO 161642
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU DEC 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 28N177E 1006 MOVING ESE 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N 
BETWEEN 178E AND 173E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 28N BETWEEN 177E 
AND 179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 25N178W 1005 MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 30N179W. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN 178W AND 174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 23N180W 1005 MB. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 177E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
29N157W TO 28N170W TO LOW CENTER TO 25N170E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 24N170W TO 20N175W TO 17N180W TO 
14N170E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N164W TO 20N173W TO 10N178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 30N162W TO 25N169W TO 
17N180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N155W TO 28N170W TO 20N175W TO 
13N177E. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 27N145W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT TO 
30N150W. COLD FRONT MOVING ESE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONTS MOVED E AND N OF FORECAST AREA. 

.LOW AND FRONT JUST N OF AREA BETWEEN 153W AND 159W. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 150W AND 156W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 30N157W. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 29N E OF 143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N155W. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.HIGH 24N144W 1018 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. NEARLY STATIONARY RIDGES 
FROM HIGH TO 24N160W TO 17N173W AND FROM HIGH TO 24N140W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 24N145W 1017 MB.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF FORECAST AREA. 

.HIGH 25N163E 1015 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. NEARLY STATIONARY RIDGES 
FROM HIGH TO 25N160E...FROM HIGH TO 30N167E...AND FROM HIGH TO 
21N170E TO 19N179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 27N164E 1017 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 25N W OF 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 
25N178E TO 30N173E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N174W TO 20N178E TO 30N170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 
28N170W TO 26N180W TO 24N173E TO 30N166E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 27N160W TO 20N180W TO 20N170E TO 30N161E.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N154W TO 07N176W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 09N TO 16N E OF 153W...FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 153W AND 164W... 
AND FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 167W AND 177W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.