Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:45:32 -0600

616 
ATHW40 PHFO 161845
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU DEC 16 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 16 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS TWO UPPER LEVEL LOW PRESSURE SYSTEMS NEAR 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING. THE SYSTEM TO THE SOUTH IS 
NEAR 12.9N 154.1W...ABOUT 435 MILES SOUTH OF SOUTH POINT ON THE BIG 
ISLAND. THIS UPPER LOW HAS BEEN SLOWLY SHIFTING TO THE WEST OVER THE 
LAST DAY. THE OTHER UPPER LEVEL LOW IS NEAR 33.7N 176.0W...ABOUT 
1275 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. LAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS 
SYSTEM/S SURFACE COLD FRONT LIE IN A NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST ORIENTED 
BAND...THE LEADING EDGE OF WHICH IS ABOUT 380 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
KAUAI AT 8 AM. THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN NOTED ALONG THE CLOUD 
BAND...WITH THE MOST ACTIVITY OCCURING SOUTH OF 22N. CLOUDS TOPS IN 
THE BAND REACH NEAR 54 THOUSAND FEET SOUTH OF 20N. THIN HIGH CLOUDS 
OUT AHEAD OF THE LAYERED CLOUDS ARE PASSING OVER KAUAI AND NIIHAU 
FROM TIME TO TIME. THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO NOTED TO THE SOUTH OF THE 
ISLANDS NEAR THE UPPER LOW IN THAT AREA. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN 
THAT AREA HAVE TOPS REACHING NEAR 44 THOUSAND FEET.

LOW CLOUDS OVER THE ISLANDS ARE SPARSE THIS MORNING. THE LOW CLOUDS 
NEAR THE ISLANDS NEAR KAUAI ARE MOVING FROM THE SOUTHEAST...WHILE 
NEAR THE BIG ISLAND THE CLOUDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST.

A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER NIIHAU...THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI AND 
OVER THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF OAHU. MOLOKAI...LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE ARE 
ALL CLOUD FREE AT 8 AM. A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING 
SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...WITH SCATTERED CLOUDS OVER THE 
EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA NEAR HANA. ON THE BIG ISLAND...LOW 
CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS...AND THEY 
ARE FORMING OVER THE KAU DISTRICT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.