Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:16:30 -0600

250 
FZPN01 KWBC 162216
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU DEC 16 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 16. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 17. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 18. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N165E 988 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 45N TO 58N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. W OF A LINE FROM 52N178W TO 
64N164W AREA OF SW WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N133W 975 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N 
TO 59N BETWEEN 125W AND 163W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 40N150W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N148W 989 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SE...840 NM W 
AND NW QUADRANTS...AND 120 NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 57N149W TO 
58N144W TO 56N136W TO 50N132W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 180 NM E AND S OF A FRONT FROM 56N136W TO 
44N132W TO 40N138W TO 37N148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N144W 991 MB. FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 
150W AND 157W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM W SEMICIRCLE...AND 120 NM N AND E OF A LINE FROM 
55N144W TO 53N134W TO 49N128W TO 44N127W TO 40N132W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM NE AND 540 NM SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N133W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N176W 1000 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 162W 
AND 175E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 180W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 300 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 56N174E TO 50N173E TO 44N168E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF THE FRONT N 
OF 46N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 60N TO 65N BETWEEN 164W AND 174W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N166E 1003 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 45N166E TO LOW CENTER TO 36N160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
41N165E DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N165E 999 MB. WITHIN 840 NM NE AND 420 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 32N149W 1009 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
145W AND 155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N138W 1003 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
47N133W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.LOW 33N129W 1007 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
125W AND 135W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 52N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 56N BETWEEN 176E AND 
164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
60N176E TO 44N164E. 

.HIGH 52N174W 1040 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N173W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N172W 1038 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 16.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 17.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 18.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 27N133W TO 26N140W. W OF FRONT TO 
133W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N E OF 
FRONT TO 125W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 31N121W TO 
26N128W. W OF FRONT TO 125W W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. SECOND 
COLD FRONT NW OF AREA. N OF 28N E OF FRONT 135W SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 31N135W TO 30N140W. N OF 27N E 
OF FRONT TO 130W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.TROUGH FROM 14N128W TO 08N130W. FROM 09N TO 10N BETWEEN 128W 
AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR TROUGH FROM 13N132W TO 09N135W. FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 
133W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 15N135W TO 12N138W. FROM 15N TO 
17N BETWEEN 132W AND 137W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N TO NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1010 MB NEAR 07N87W. WITHIN 60 NM SE 
QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1010 MB NEAR 07N87W. WITHIN 90 NM SE 
QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1800 UTC THU DEC 16...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 02N78W TO 08N85W TO 
05N91W TO 10N105W TO 07N110W TO 11N135W TO 10N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.