Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:45:14 -0600

778 
FZPN40 PHFO 162245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU DEC 16 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 16 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 17 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 18 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 27N179E 1005 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N164W 
TO 21N172W TO 16N179E TO 13N168E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 270 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 480 NM S AND 
SE OF FRONT BETWEEN 179E AND 172W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
150 NM OF FRONT E OF 172W...AND WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 25N178W 1005 MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 30N179E. 
STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 27N168W TO 14N180W. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 24N BETWEEN 172E AND 180E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N179E 1004 MB. STATIONARY FRONT FROM 29N167W 
TO 20N171W TO 08N180W. WARM FRONT FROM 29N167W TO 27N154W. WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 178E AND 163W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE 
N OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 24N175E TO 27N156W TO 30N154W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW AND FRONT PASSING JUST N OF AREA NEAR 150W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 29N BETWEEN 153W AND 145W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 29N145W TO 30N159W. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT E OF 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 27N146W TO 27N154W. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAK STATIONARY FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 27N147W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 25N163E 1015 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. NEARLY STATIONARY RIDGES 
FROM HIGH TO 25N160E...AND FROM HIGH TO 21N170E TO 18N179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 26N164E 1017 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 24N142W 1018 MB MOVING E 15 KT. NEARLY STATIONARY RIDGE FROM 
HIGH TO 25N150W TO 23N160W TO 20N171W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF AREA.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161E TO 29N160E.

.REMAINDER OF AREA...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N163W TO 24N160W TO 20N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N167E TO 
21N173E TO 20N180W TO 30N172W...HIGHEST N. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 28N E 
OF 151W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N166E TO 
22N170E TO 27N180W TO 30N155W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 28N160E TO 17N171E TO 18N179E TO 25N178W TO 26N140W.

.REMAINDER OF AREA...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N155W TO 09N165W TO 09N172W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ W OF 165W...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF 
ITCZ E OF 165W. 

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.