Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 20:58:31 -0600

341 
ATPQ40 PGUM 170258
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST FRI DEC 17 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT RUNS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NORTH OF THE MARIANA ISLANDS AT 
25N144E TO BEYOND 130E AT 16N. EAST OF 138E...SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND ALONG AND NORTHWEST OF THIS BOUNDARY 
TO BEYOND 25N. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND AHEAD OF THE FRONT 
WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 23N149E TO 25N151E.

CONVERGENT LOW-LEVEL WINDS ARE CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER KOROR 
WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N132E TO 7N135E.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 9N143E TO 4N147E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING SOUTHEAST OF YAP WITHIN 120 MILES OF 
7N144E.

A WEAK TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
NORTHWEST OF KOSRAE AND EAST OF POHNPEI WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 9N160E TO 5N163E. 

A SHEAR LINE CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 14N180 TO NORTHEAST OF 
POHNPEI AT 11N161E TO END AT 16N151E. WEST OF 160E...CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE SHEAR 
LINE. WINDS CONVERGING AHEAD OF THE SHEAR LINE ARE GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS EAST OF MAJURO WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
6N175E TO 9N180.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.