Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 03:59:33 -0600

278 
FZPN01 KWBC 170959
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI DEC 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N160E 992 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FROM 35N TO 52N W OF 176E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 55N166E 986 MB. WITHIN 360 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 61N169E 984 MB. OVER WATERS 
WITHIN 600 NM SE AND 480 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 33N142W 1005 MB MOVING E 35 KT THEN WILL TURN NE AFTER 12 
HOURS. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 138W AND 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N131W 981 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 122W AND 137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N134W 973 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
32N TO 57N BETWEEN 125W AND 158W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 37N144W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N146W 989 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND 180 NM N AND E OF A LINE FROM 55N144W TO 51N132W TO 44N127W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 48N155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N143W 992 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 45N134W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N177W 1004 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 162W 
AND 175E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 158W AND 176E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N170E 1006 MB. WITHIN 420 NM E AND SE OF 
A FRONT FROM LOW TO 38N160E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
52N171E DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N171E 988 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 300 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND 900 NM SE AND 600 NM NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 34N127W 1006 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
122W AND 130W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER WATERS N OF 57N W OF 169W AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 50N W 
OF 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
60N175E TO 53N172E TO 45N169E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
58N180W TO 52N170E TO 44N169E.

.AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 51N175W 1039 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N173W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N170W 1037 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONTAL TROUGH 30N123W TO 26N130W TO 25N140W. W OF TROUGH WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONTAL TROUGH DISSIPATED...NEW COLD FRONT 
30N135W TO 28N140W. W OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 27N WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N130W TO 26N140W. N OF 27N WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N123W TO 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING GULF OF PANAMA N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 07N90W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.LOW PRES 09N108W 1008 MB. WITHIN 60 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 09N110W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 05N115W TO 12N112W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.TROUGH 08N133W TO 13N128W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR TROUGH 09N137W TO 13N132W. WITHIN 300 NM W OF TROUGH NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI DEC 17...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 02N78W TO 09N83W TO  LOW 
PRES 07N90W...AXIS CONTINUE TO LOW PRES 09N108W TO 09N140W.
SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM OF 09N107W AND 
09N129W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.