Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 04:40:16 -0600

119 
FZPN40 PHFO 171040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI DEC 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 24N179W 1004 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. ALSO...FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 
29N163W TO 25N179W TO 17N176W TO 14N179E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 360 NM NW QUADRANT OF LOW. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT FROM 25N TO 17N. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 210 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 24N178W 1003 MB. OCCLUDED FRONT FROM 26N176E 
TO 28N178W TO 27N172W. WARM FRONT FROM 27N172W TO 30N166W. 
STATIONARY FRONT FROM 27N172W TO 23N170W TO 16N175W. E TO NE WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF OCCLUDED FRONT AND WARM FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N179E 1002 MB. OCCLUDED FRONT FROM 25N176E 
TO 28N179W TO 26N171W. WARM FRONT FROM 26N171W TO 27N157W. 
STATIONARY FRONT FROM 26N171W TO 21N172W TO 18N178W. WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF OCCLUDED FRONT AND WARM FRONT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW JUST N OF AREA NEAR 33N142W 1005 MOVING RAPIDLY NE. COLD FRONT 
FROM LOW TO 31N153W MOVING S SLOWLY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 28N149W TO 30N163W. E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 26N150W TO 27N157W. E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 153W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST WATERS
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 26N160E. N TO NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF COLD FRONT.

.HIGH 25N165E 1016 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
30N169E...FROM HIGH TO 17N177E...AND FROM HIGH TO 24N160E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 23N144W 1017 MB MOVING ESE 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
22N140W...AND FROM HIGH TO 24N158W TO 20N167W NEARLY STATIONARY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 177W AND 175E. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 23N BETWEEN 177W AND 173E. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 165W AND 177W...IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 
164E...AND IN AREA FROM 07N TO 18N BETWEEN 147W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 180W AND 
170E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 19N BETWEEN 176W AND 
169E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 28N E OF 180W...AND IN AREA N OF 
29N W OF 169E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 20 FT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 153W AND 
178E. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 178E AND 169E. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 24N E OF 180W...AND ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA N OF 15N BETWEEN 180W AND 167E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 
18N W OF 167E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA S OF 05N BETWEEN 146W AND 167W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 14N148W TO 
14N154W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N175W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 210 NM OF ITCZ W OF 164W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 
NM OF ITCZ E OF 164W...AND IN AREA FROM 12N TO 15N BETWEEN 169W AND 
176W.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.