Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:46:33 -0600

838 
FZPN01 KWBC 171546
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI DEC 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 46N132W 979 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N 
TO 53N BETWEEN 124W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N134W 977 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 51N BETWEEN 125W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N164E 994 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
42N TO 56N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N170E 988 MB. W OF A LINE 
FROM 54N175W TO 64N170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS MOVED NW OF AREA.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N139W 1001 MB MOVING NE 20. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 135W 
AND 143W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY NEW LOW 46N132W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N145W 989 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 180 NM N AND E OF A LINE FROM 54N148W TO 
55N142W TO 53N132W TO 48N127W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N155W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM NE AND 660 NM 
SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 120 NM E AND S OF A LINE FROM 48N127W 
TO 43N129W TO 38N137W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY NEW LOW 46N132W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N178W 1007 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 660 NM N AND 780 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W 
AND 175E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 40N163E 1003 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N171E 1008 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 40N168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
21 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 51N172E 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 39N158E 1002 MB. FROM 30N 
TO 40N W OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N172E 990 MB. WITHIN 780 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND 360 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 35N122W 1006 MB MOVING N 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
119W AND 127W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY NEW LOW 46N132W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.OVER WATERS N OF 59N W OF 166W AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 47N156E 999 MB. FROM 40N TO 
45N W OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 53N W 
OF 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
55N176E TO 40N164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
59N173W TO 52N171E. 

.AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY FROM 57N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 49N174W 1040 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N173W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N168W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONTAL TROUGH 30N123W TO 25N129W. W OF TROUGH TO 136W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. NW OF 
LINE FROM 28N140W TO 30N136W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONTAL TROUGH DISSIPATED...NEW COLD FRONT 
30N134W TO 28N140W. W OF FRONT NW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. N OF 27N WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N127W TO 26N140W. N OF 28N WITHIN 
210 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N121W TO 22N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.LOW PRES 07N90W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 07N89W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 07N88W 1010 MB. WITHIN 210 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 09N108W 1008 MB. WITHIN 60 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 09N110W 1009 MB. WITHIN 60 NM SE AND 
SW QUADRANTS SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 09N111W 1010 MB. WITHIN 60 NM SE AND 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.TROUGH 08N134W TO 14N128W. FROM 10N TO 14N WITHIN 120 NM W OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR TROUGH 09N138W TO 14N134W. WITHIN 300 NM W OF TROUGH NE 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI DEC 17...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 05N77W TO LOW PRES 07N90W 
CONTINUING TO LOW PRES 09N108W TO 11N131W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 
127W AND 130W. 

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.