Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:40:21 -0600

833 
FZPN40 PHFO 171640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI DEC 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 25N179W 1005 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. ALSO...FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 
24N170W TO 14N180W TO 11N170E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM NW 
QUADRANT OF LOW. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW...AND 
WITHIN 150 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 24N179W 1003 MB. OCCLUDED FRONT FROM 25N178E 
TO 27N179W TO 26N171W. WARM FRONT FROM 26N171W TO 30N167W. 
STATIONARY FRONT FROM 26N171W TO 19N173W TO 15N176W. E TO NE WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF OCCLUDED FRONT AND WARM FRONT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N180E 1001 MB. OCCLUDED FRONT FROM 22N177E 
TO 27N179W TO 24N171W. WARM FRONT FROM 27N171W TO 28N161W TO 
28N155W. STATIONARY FRONT FROM 27N171W TO 19N175W TO 17N180E. WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF OCCLUDED FRONT AND WARM FRONT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT JUST N OF AREA FROM 32N140W TO 30N155W MOVING S SLOWLY. 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N E OF 150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 28N150W TO 30N163W. E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 27N150W TO 28N155W. E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 150W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT JUST NW OF FORECAST WATERS
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 26N160E. N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF FRONT.

.HIGH 26N166E 1017 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
30N170E...FROM HIGH TO 17N176E...AND FROM HIGH TO 23N160E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 23N143W 1017 MB MOVING ESE 10 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
23N140W...AND FROM HIGH TO 25N157W TO 21N166W NEARLY STATIONARY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 11 TO 18 FT IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 178W AND 173E. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 21N BETWEEN 176W AND 173E. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 166W AND 176W...IN AREA N OF 29N BETWEEN 
143W AND 151W...AND IN AREA FROM 04N TO 15N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 179E AND 
169E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 18N BETWEEN 175W AND 
169E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 27N E OF 175W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
AREA N OF 27N W OF 169E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA S OF 05N BETWEEN 
146W AND 157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 21 FT IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 161W AND 
177E. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT IN AREA N OF 27N E OF 161W. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT 
IN AREA N OF 23N BETWEEN 177E AND 171E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE IN 
AREA N OF 23N E OF 180W...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 15N W OF 180W. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA S OF 05N BETWEEN 146W AND 167W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 15N150W TO 
15N153W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N175W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 240 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 164W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.