Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:16:35 -0600

147 
FZPN01 KWBC 172216
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI DEC 17 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 17. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 18. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 19. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 41N133W 997 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A FRONT 
FROM 44N128W TO LOW CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N131W 974 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N 
TO 55N BETWEEN 124W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 39N149W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N132W 980 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 28 FT. WITHIN 720 NM SW 
AND 420 NM E SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 55N166E 988 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 59N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. N OF 56N W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MOVED NW OF AREA.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N145W 990 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 120 NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 53N147W TO 
55N141W TO 54N133W TO 49N128W TO 45N128W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 44N154W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N131W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 160W AND 177E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N166E 1001 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 600 NM E...480 NM 
SE AND 540 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N178E 1003 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 45N171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N173E 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N164E 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E OF A 
FRONT FROM 48N171E TO LOW CENTER TO 36N161E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N173E 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM 
NE...780 NM E...600 NM SE AND 300 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 30N 
TO 40N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 48N158E 998 MB. FROM 41N TO 48N 
W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 37N135W 998 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N131W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.LOW 37N126W 1006 MB MOVING N 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
119W AND 126W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N131W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.OVER WATERS N OF 59N W OF 166W AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 166E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
56N178E TO 43N168E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
58N168W TO 51N173E. 

.HIGH 49N174W 1039 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N170W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N167W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 17.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 18.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 19.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N120W TO 26N127W. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL N OF 29N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W. 
SECOND COLD FRONT SW OF AREA THROUGH 30N140W. N OF 26N E OF 
FRONT TO 130W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FIRST FRONT DISSIPATED. SECOND FRONT FROM 
30N134W TO 29N140W. N OF 27N E OF FRONT TO 128W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N126W TO 
25N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 27N140W. N OF 29N E 
OF FRONT TO 123W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N120W TO 21N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.TROUGH FROM 14N130W TO LOW PRES NEAR 11N134W 1013 MB TO 
09N135W. FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 132W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 15N137W TO 
12N140W. FROM 13N TO 15N BETWEEN 133W AND 139W NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 06N W OF 130W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT S OF 03N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 132W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 135W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.TROUGH FROM 11N108W TO LOW PRES 09N109W 1014 MB TO 07N111W. 
FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 107W AND 109W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N111W 1013 MB. FROM 10N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 110W AND 113W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N113W 1011 MB. FROM 10N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 112W AND 114W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.   

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N89W 1011 MB. FROM 04N TO 06N BETWEEN 86W AND 
88W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI DEC 17...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 04N78W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
07N89W TO LOW PRES NEAR 09N109W TO LOW PRES NEAR 11N134W TO 
10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 127W AND 130W. 

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.