Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:45:23 -0600

286 
FZPN40 PHFO 172245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI DEC 17 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 17 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 18 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 19 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 25N178W 1003 MB MOVING SW SLOWLY. FRONT FROM LOW TO 27N175W TO 
20N173W TO 14N180E TO 11N173E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 420 NM OF LOW NW AND N QUADRANTS. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 13N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 23N179W 1001 MB. FRONT FROM 25N175E TO 20N174W 
TO 13N180E. E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N180E 1000 MB. FRONT FROM 23N175W TO 15N180E 
TO 14N170E. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N BETWEEN 
155W AND 165E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 29N147W THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT TO 
30N158W. COLD FRONT MOVING S SLOWLY. SW TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N E OF 150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 28N150W TO 30N170W. E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 155W AND 
170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 28N170W TO 28N175W. E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 150W AND 
155W. SEE GALE WARNING ABOVE FOR WINDS NEAR FRONT W OF 155W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT EXTENDING NE TO SW THRU 30N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 24N160E. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF FRONT.

.HIGH 22N141W 1018 MB MOVING ESE 10 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 23N150W 
TO 26N158W.  

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 19N160W TO 12N175W MOVING S SLOWLY. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 24N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND GRADUALLY 
DISSIPATING. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 180E AND 175E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 21N BETWEEN 178W AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 14 FT 27N E OF 180E...N OF 18N BETWEEN 
180E AND 170E...AND N OF 23N W OF 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 23 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 158W AND 175E. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 22N E OF 180E...AND N OF 17N W OF 
180E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 09N170W TO 08N180E TO 07N175E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 163W AND 180E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 200 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.