Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:19:26 -0600

290 
ATPQ40 PGUM 180319
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SAT DEC 18 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM WEST OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 
25N150E TO WEST OF THE NORTHERN CNMI AT 20N140E...THEN CONTINUES AS 
A SHEAR LINE TO BEYOND 130E AT 15N. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS AND 
WIDESPREAD RAIN ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 350 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
THE FRONT...INCLUDING IWO TO ISLAND. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT 
ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE SHEAR LINE.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 2N143E TO 12N141E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE FOUND NEAR THE TROUGH AXIS SOUTHEAST OF YAP WITHIN 45 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N143E TO 8N144E.

CONVERGING SURFACE WINDS ARE CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTH OF 
KOROR WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N130E TO 5N135E...AND ALSO 
SOUTHEAST OF MAJURO BETWEEN 4N AND 7N FROM 172E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.