Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 21:56:28 -0600

488 
FZPN01 KWBC 180356
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N131W 991 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 38N130W TO 32N136W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N133W 976 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N 
TO 55N BETWEEN 124W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N131W 982 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM SW AND 420 NM E SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 59N168E 984 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 59N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. N OF 56N AND W OF 168W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MOVED NW OF AREA.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N145W 991 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 120 NM N AND E OF A FRONT FROM 53N144W TO
54N139W TO 53N134W TO 49N128W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N133W
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 160W AND 177E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N168E 1003 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 600 NM E...480 NM 
SE AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N167E 999 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E OF A FRONT 
FROM 56N179W TO LOW CENTER TO 36N166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N173E 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM 
NE...780 NM E...600 NM SE AND 300 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 30N 
TO 40N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N162E 1004 MB. FROM 41N TO 48N W OF 168E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 166E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
56N178E TO 43N168E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
58N168W TO 51N173E.

.HIGH 48N173W 1038 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N170W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N167W 1035 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N138W TO 29N140W. N OF 26N E OF FRONT TO 130W SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N134W TO 29N140W. N OF 27N E 
OF FRONT TO 126W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N125W TO 25N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N127W TO 26N140W. N OF 29N E 
OF FRONT TO 121W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. W OF FRONT TO 131W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N120W TO 21N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.TROUGH FROM 15N134W TO 10N135W. FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 132W 
AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 16N136W TO 13N139W. FROM 14N TO 
16N BETWEEN 133W AND 138W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 05N W OF 130W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT S OF 03N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 135W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 03N W OF 136W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.

.TROUGH FROM 12N108W TO LOW PRES 09N109W 1013 MB TO 08N111W. 
FROM WITHIN 90 NM SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N112W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE 
QUADRANT SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N114W 1010 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS.  

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N89W 1011 MB. WITHIN 90 NM SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT DEC 18...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N82W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
07N89W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N110W TO 07N125W TO 12N135W TO 
10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.