Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:45:28 -0600

622 
FZPN40 PHFO 180445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 24N178W 1002 MB MOVING SSW SLOWLY. FRONT FROM LOW TO 28N175W TO 
26N172W TO 20N173W TO 12N178E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW NW QUADRANT...AND ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 165W AND 175E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW...AND IN AREA FROM 12N TO 28N BETWEEN 164W AND 
174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 23N179W 1001 MB. FRONT FROM 25N175E TO 20N174W 
TO 13N180E. E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N178W 999 MB. FRONT FROM 23N175W TO 20N175W
TO 15N178E. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 
153W AND 177E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 29N144W THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT TO 
28N156W. COLD FRONT MOVING ESE SLOWLY. W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N E OF 145W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 28N160W TO 29N165W. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 150W AND 152W. SEE GALE WARNING ABOVE 
FOR WINDS NEAR FRONT W OF 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 28N168W TO 26N165W. SEE 
GALE WARNING ABOVE FOR WINDS NEAR FRONT W OF 153W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 27N160E. N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 23N160E. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF FRONT.

.RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 23N140W TO 24N150W TO 26N157W ERODING FROM THE 
W 25 KT.  

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 19N160W TO 12N175W MOVING S SLOWLY. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 24N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND GRADUALLY 
DISSIPATING THRU 48 HOURS. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 180E AND 173E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 20N BETWEEN 177W AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 18 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 157W AND 
180E...AND N OF 26N BETWEEN 180E AND 175E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF 26 E OF 180E...AND N OF 18N W OF 180E. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT S OF 06N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 23 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N154W TO 
25N177W TO 25N175E TO 30N174E. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N E 
OF 180E...AND N OF 17N W OF 180E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 05N BETWEEN 
150W AND 157W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 09N170W TO 07N175E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 163W AND 180E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 13N E OF 150W.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.