Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 03:14:07 -0600

734 
WWPS21 NFFN 180900
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Dec 18/0913 UTC 2010 UTC.

LOW L [1006 HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 11.7S 160.4E AT 180600 UTC. SLOW
MOVING. 
POSITION POOR BASED ON MTSAT IR IMAGERY WITH ANIMATION AND SURFACE
OBSERVATIONS. SST AROUND 30C.

ORGANISATION HAS SLIGHTLY IMPROVED IN THE LAST 24 HOURS. CONVECTION
HAS SLIGHTLY INCREASED AND REMAINS PERSISTENT IN THE LAST 24 HRS.
CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS FROM SURFACE TO 700 HPA.

SYSTEM LIES ALONG A SURFACE TROUGH AND AN UPPER TROUGH IN A
MODERATELY SHEARED ENVIRONMENT.

GLOBAL MODELS HAVE PICKED UP THE SYSTEM AND SLOWLY MOVING IT
NORTHWEST WITH LITTLE INTENSIFICATION.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THIS SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN
THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HRS IS LOW.

NO SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCE ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN THE AREA.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.