Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 03:40:56 -0600

634 
FZPN01 KWBC 180940
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N131W 980 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
32N TO 51N BETWEEN 122W AND 134W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N132W 977 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 148W...AND FROM 53N TO 59N BETWEEN 148W AND 
157W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N129W 983 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 300 
NM NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 61N170E 987 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N144W 992 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 720 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 48N132W
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 163W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 159W AND 177E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 157W AND 176E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N170E 1007 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 55N174E 
TO LOW CENTER TO 37N163E. WITHIN 480 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N173W 999 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N171E 999 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E OF A FRONT 
FROM 55N177W TO LOW CENTER TO 38N170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N176E 1003 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND 240 
NM S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N167E 1004 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 170E AND 162E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 48N TO 54N BETWEEN 149W AND 176W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 60N TO 66N W OF 165W AREA OF LIGHT TO 
MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 62N
BETWEEN 179W AND 172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
59N174W TO 46N169E...AND FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 47N TO 55N BETWEEN 165W AND 
179W.

.HIGH 48N172W 1039 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N169W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N167W 1034 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 29N140W. NW OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N E OF FRONT TO 130W SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N133W TO 28N140W. N OF 26N WITHIN 
300 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N123W TO 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N122W TO 27N132W STATIONARY TO 
26N140W. NW OF LINE 30N118W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.TROUGH 09N137W TO 16N130W. WITHIN 240 NM W OF TROUGH NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 14N140W TO 17N134W. WITHIN 120 NM W OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. CONDITIONS MERGE.

.S OF 05N W OF 133W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 10N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 10N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 09N110W 1010 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 14N105W. WITHIN 90 
NM SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N113W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N116W 1008 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS.  

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N89W 1011 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N88W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT DEC 18...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 07N77W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
07N89W TO LOW PRES NEAR 09N110W TO 07N125W TO 12N136W TO 
10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG N OF 02N E OF 80W 
AND WITHIN 90 NM OF 08N140W. ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 150 NM OF  
10N110W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.