Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 04:46:39 -0600

769 
FZPN40 PHFO 181046
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 24N178W 1002 MB MOVING SSW SLOWLY. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 
20N176W TO 12N180W TO 09N173E MOVING ENE SLOWLY. WARM FRONT FROM 
LOW TO 26N178W TO 27N172W TO 23N162W MOVING N SLOWLY. TROUGH FROM 
26N178E TO 30N175E MOVING SW 10 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM 
OF LOW CENTER AND TROUGH AND N OF WARM FRONT W OF 170W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW...AND WITHIN 180 NM OF WARM 
FRONT...AND ELSEWHERE N OF 12N BETWEEN 176W AND 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N180W 1000 MB. FRONTS MERGING ALONG A LINE  
FROM LOW TO 27N177E TO 27N173W TO 27N161W TO 26N156W TO 28N140W. E 
TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 155W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N178W 1000 MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 25N178E TO 
27N175W TO 25N160W TO 26N140W. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF FRONT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 28N150W TO 30N169W MOVING S SLOWLY. W 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT W OF 150W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT E OF 144W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH AFOREMENTIONED FRONTS IN GALE 
WARNING SECTION. 

.COLD FRONT JUST NW OF AREA NEAR 30N157E MOVING E 20 KT. SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E. N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 23N160E. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.

.RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 23N140W TO 24N157W ERODING FROM THE W 25 KT.  

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 24N160E MOVING SE SLOWLY AND WEAKENING. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 22N BETWEEN 178E AND 170E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 27N176W TO 20N180W TO 21N170E 
TO 30N164E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 
27N150W TO 26N180W TO 25N175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 26N140W TO 24N180W TO 16N176E TO 17N166E TO 26N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 19 TO 23 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 170W AND 179E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 15N158W TO 
23N176E TO 28N171E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 20N.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N164W TO 05N178E...AND FROM 05N168E TO 
04N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM N OF ITCZ 
E OF 179W AND WITHIN 180 NM S OF ITCZ E OF 178E.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.