Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 09:59:49 -0600

256 
FZPN01 KWBC 181559
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 46N128W 979 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM LOW CENTER WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN A LINE FROM 40N124W TO 
30N147W AND 58N136W TO 47N163W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 24 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 41N152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N133W 981 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N...240 NM W 
AND 660 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 53N BETWEEN 124W AND 154W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 20 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 36N137W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N131W 984 MB. WITHIN 180 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST SW QUADRANT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL NW OF AREA. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 57N W 
OF 168W AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA. N OF 57N W OF 161W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 157W AND 177E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 159W AND 178E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 159W AND 175E AREA OF 
E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N172E 1006 MB MOVING N 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 55N176E 
TO LOW CENTER TO 32N160E. WITHIN 420 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 50N174E BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 39N159E MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N174E 1000 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
57N WITHIN 840 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ABSORBED BY AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
53N171E BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 46N157E 998 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N171E 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 540 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
50N168W TO 47N152W TO 41N141W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY OVER 
ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 61N. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 58N177E TO 38N165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
59N169W TO 48N171E...AND FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 53N BETWEEN 158W AND 
179W. 

.HIGH 45N171W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N168W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N165W 1032 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N160E 1027 MB.

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT NW WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 27N140W. N OF 27N WITHIN 
300 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N122W TO 23N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N123W TO 27N132W STATIONARY TO 
26N140W. NW OF LINE 30N118W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.TROUGH 14N134W TO 10N130W. WITHIN 240 NM W OF TROUGH NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 15N140W TO 17N136W. WITHIN 120 NM W OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. CONDITIONS MERGE.

.S OF 07N W OF 134W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 135W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 10N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N110W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N113W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE AND 120 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N116W 1008 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS.  

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N88W 1011 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N87W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT DEC 18...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 06N77W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
07N88W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N110W TO 07N125W TO 12N136W TO 
10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG N OF 01N E OF 82W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF 10N110W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 06N TO 11N W OF 137W.

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.