Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:45:26 -0600

234 
FZPN40 PHFO 181645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 24N179W 999 MB MOVING SW 5 KT. FRONT FROM 29N172E TO 25N177E 
TO 27N170W TO 29N162W TO 28N153W TO 29N140W. FRONT MOVING SW 20 KT 
W OF 177E...FRONT MOVING SLOWLY S ELSEWHERE. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 
17N178W TO 07N173E NEARLY STATIONARY.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 
180NM N AND NW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 70 NM ELSEWHERE OF LOW CENTER. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF FRONT.  SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW CENTER. ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE IN AREA 
N OF 09N BETWEEN 179W AND 161W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N180W 998 MB. FRONT FROM 26N174E TO 27N176W 
TO 26N159W TO 27N140W. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT WITHIN 80 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...AND N OF FRONT W OF 153W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N178W 998 MB. FRONT FROM 28N178E TO 
26N167W TO 25N161W TO 25N140W. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT WITHIN 120 NM SE 
QUADRANT OF LOW AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 149W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT JUST NW OF AREA NEAR 30N159E MOVING E 20 KT. SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 
NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 25N160E. N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 24N160E. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 24N151W TO 24N166W ERODING FROM THE W 
SLOWLY.  

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 24N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N174W TO 27N177E TO 22N174E TO 
24N170E TO 30N167E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 26N140W TO 
29N169W TO 19N178E TO 30N162E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 
26N150W TO 27N167W TO 24N173E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 25N140W TO 23N179E TO 15N173E TO 25N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 23 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 170W AND 179E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N150W TO 24N174E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 19N.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N146W TO 12N162W...AND FROM 06N170E TO 
05N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF ITCZ 
E OF 149W...ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 
158W AND 162W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.