Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:23:47 -0600

671 
ATHW40 PHFO 181823
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 18 2010

THE MOST SIGNIFICANT WEATHER FEATURE AFFECTING THE HAWAIIAN ISLAND 
VICINITY IS A BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURE CENTERED FAR TO THE WEST OF 
THE STATE. A BROAD SWATH OF CLOUDS THAT IS ABOUT 1000 MILES WIDE IS 
SEEN STREAMING NORTHWARD ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE LOW. THE EASTERN 
EDGE OF THIS SWAY CONSISTS OF MAINLY CIRRUS CLOUDS WITH CLOUDS 
BECOMING MORE LAYERED FARTHER TO THE WEST. THE DEEPEST CONVECTION 
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM REMAINS FAR TO THE WEST AND SOUTHWEST 
OF THE ALOHA STATE. THE CIRRUS CLOUDS MENTIONED ABOVE ARE 
OCCASIONALLY MOVING OVER PORTIONS OF THE STATE ESPECIALLY THE 
WESTERN ISLANDS. ONCE THESE CLOUD ARE NORTH OF THE STATE THEY TAKE A 
TURN TO THE EAST WHERE THE STREAM OFF TOWARD THE CALIFORNIA 
COASTLINE.

OVER THE COASTAL WATERS AROUND THE STATE SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN MOVING BASICALLY TOWARD THE NORTHWEST. MOST OF 
THE CLOUDS REMAIN OFFSHORE OF THE EASTERN ISLANDS WITH MORE 
COVERAGE OVER THE WEST END. OVER THE BIG ISLAND PATCHES OF LOW 
CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER PORTIONS OF THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. ONLY A 
FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER WESTERN MAUI AND INTERIOR 
LANAI. A FIELD OF THIN AND STABLE LOW CLOUDS IS MOVING UP FROM THE 
SOUTH OVER PORTIONS OF MOLOKAI...OAHU AND KAUAI THOUGH THE HIGH 
CLOUDS MENTIONED ABOVE IS OBSCURING SOME OF THE LOW CLOUDS BENEATH 
THEM.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.