Subject: Pacific-NW: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:04:50 -0600

063 
TXPN27 KNES 182103
SIMWIR

A.  TROPICAL DISTURBANCE (98C)

B.  18/2030Z

C.  22.6N

D.  179.7E

E.  THREE/GOES-W

F.  T3.0/3.0

G.  IR/EIR/VIS

H.  REMARKS...FROM A STRICTLY SATELLITE PERSPECTIVE THE SUBTROPICAL
DISTURBANCE THAT HAS BEEN TRACKED OVER THE LAST TWO DAYS IS NOW
CHARACTERIZED BY A SYMMETRIC CDO OVER A WELL DEFINED CIRCULATION CENTER
AND WELL DEFINED BANDING FEATURES PARTICULARLY WHEN VIEWED IN REMAPPED
VISIBLE IMAGERY. IN ADDITION AN EYELIKE FEATURE APPEARED IN THE 37GHZ
AMSRE IMAGE AT 1359Z. THE DVORAK TECHNIQUE WILL THEREFORE BE USED TO
ASCERTAIN INTENSITY.  CONVECTION MEASURES 7/10 RESULTING IN A DT OF 3.0
AND FORMS THE BASIS FOR THE CURRENT INTENSITY.

I.  ADDL POSITIONS

    NIL

...TURK

=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.