Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:51:38 -0600

060 
FZPN01 KWBC 182151
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 48N130W 978 MB MOVING W 10 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN A LINE 
FROM 40N124W TO 30N148W AND 58N136W TO 49N162W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 39N150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 47N134W 982 MB. 
WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND 660 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 52N E OF 158W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N129W 986 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND 360 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL NW OF AREA. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N W 
OF 165W AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA. N OF 60N W OF 165W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 152W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 154W AND 176E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 155W AND 175E AREA OF 
E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N176E 1005 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N177E 
TO LOW CENTER TO 33N163E. WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 51N177E BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N164E 1003 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N177E 1003 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
60N WITHIN 360 NM NW...420 NM N...660 NM NE AND 600 NM SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST ABSORBED BY AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
54N173E BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N160E 999 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N173E 1005 MB. WITHIN 420 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 540 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
39N138W TO 52N160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY OVER 
ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 59N180W TO 40N168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N174W TO 48N174E AND FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 53N BETWEEN 160W AND 
177W. 

.HIGH 44N171W 1040 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N167W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N165W 1032 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N163E 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT NW WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N127W TO 26N140W. NW OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N122W TO 23N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N124W TO 27N132W THEN STATIONARY 
TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT 
IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N117W TO 21N130W TO 
14N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. 

.TROUGH 17N138W TO 08N140W. FROM 14N TO 18N WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. S OF 08N W OF 134W SE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA 15N140W TO 17N136W. FROM 14N 
TO 18N W OF 135W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. S OF 07N W OF 135W 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. FROM 05N TO 12N W OF 130W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.LOW PRES 10N112W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N114W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE AND 120 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N117W 1008 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS.  

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N87W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N87W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS BUILDING TO 9 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT DEC 18...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 06N77W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
07N87W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N112W TO 07N126W TO 12N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG N OF 02N E OF 83W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF 10N110W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 06N TO 11N W OF 138W.

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.