Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:43:25 -0600

279 
FZPN40 PHFO 182242 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT DEC 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 23N180W 1000 MB MOVING SW 5 KT. STATIONARY FRONT FROM 28N179E 
TO 28N160W TO 29N140W. ANOTHER STATIONARY FRONT FROM 25N174W TO 
21N172W TO 13N176W. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 20N179W TO 14N178E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 
178E AND 160W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW CENTER AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM NW QUADRANT.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF SECOND FRONT S OF 23N. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW AND ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 11N 175W TO 
20N165W TO 27N150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N180W 998 MB. FRONT FROM 27N178E TO 26N165W 
TO 26N150W TO 27N140W. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
FRONT W OF 155W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N177W 999 MB. FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 
26N165W TO 24N155W TO 24N140W. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF FRONT W OF 
160W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT BETWEEN 160W AND 150W. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT NEAR 30N160E MOVING E 10 KT. AFTER 12 HOURS OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 24N160E. N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KTS N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FROM 30N167E TO 23N160E. 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 08N142W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 144W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 17N140W TO 14N144W AND WEAKENING. 

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 23N155W TO 10N170W TO 05N180E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 23N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 13 TO 17 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 176E AND 157W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 23N160E TO 16N170E TO 17N180E TO 25N170W TO 
26N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 174E AND 162W. 
SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 162W AND 150W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 16N160E TO 14N172E TO 19N180E...AND N OF 21N E 
OF 180E. SEAS HIGHEST TO THE N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 16 TO 23 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 174E AND 162W. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 15N. SEAS HIGHEST TO THE N. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 11N143W TO 09N152W TO 12N163W...AND FROM 09N162E TO 
08N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 45 NM OF ITCZ E OF 163W. 

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.