Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:45:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 182230
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/182230Z-190600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 22.6N 179.8E,
APPROXIMATELY 375 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A WELL DEVELOPED LOW LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH CENTRAL CONVECTION ALOFT, HOWEVER
FURTHER ANALYSIS INDICATES THE SYSTEM APPEARS TO BE SUBTROPICAL. A
RECENT AMSU CROSS-SECTION AND 200 MB ANALYSIS DEPICT A COLD-CORE CUT
OFF LOW ALOFT WITH A COLD-CORE ANOMALY EXTENDING UP TO 10 KM. THE
CIMMS TOTAL PRECIPITABLE WATER PRODUCT SHOWS COLD, DRY, AIR BEING
ENTRAINED INTO THE SYSTEM FROM THE NORTHWEST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. THE SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY
ASSESSED AS SUBTROPICAL AND WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR POSSIBLE
TRANSITION INTO A TROPICAL SYSTEM. BASED ON THE ABOVE ASSESSMENT THE
POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED AREA IN PARAGRAPH 1.B.(1) AS
POOR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.