Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:26:22 -0600

356 
ATHW40 PHFO 190025
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 19 2010

THE MOST SIGNIFICANT WEATHER FEATURE AFFECTING THE HAWAIIAN ISLAND 
VICINITY IS A BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURE CENTERED FAR TO THE WEST OF 
THE STATE. A BROAD SWATH OF CLOUDS THAT IS ABOUT 1000 MILES WIDE IS 
SEEN STREAMING NORTHWARD ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE LOW. THE EASTERN 
EDGE OF THIS SWATH CONSISTS OF MAINLY CIRRUS CLOUDS WITH CLOUDS 
BECOMING MORE LAYERED FARTHER TO THE WEST. THE DEEPEST CONVECTION 
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM REMAINS FAR TO THE WEST AND SOUTHWEST 
OF THE ALOHA STATE. THE CIRRUS CLOUDS MENTIONED ABOVE ARE 
MOVING OVER THE STATE WITH THE THICKEST CLOUD ELEMENTS OVER THE 
WEST END OF THE STATE. ONCE THESE CLOUD ARE NORTH OF THE STATE THEY 
TAKE A TURN TO THE EAST WHERE THE STREAM OFF TOWARD THE CALIFORNIA 
COASTLINE.

OVER THE COASTAL WATERS AROUND THE STATE SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN MOVING BASICALLY TOWARD THE NORTHWEST. ALSO A 
NORTHWEST THROUGH SOUTHEAST ORINETED BAND OF CLOUDS PREENTLY LIES 
TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE BUT IS GRADUALLY MOVING CLOSER TO KAUAI. 
THE ABOVE MENTIONED HIGH CLOUDS ARE OBSCURRING THE LOW CLOUD 
COVERAGE OVER KAUAI. OVER OAHU PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS CAN BE SEEN 
OVER PORTIONS OF THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE MOUNTAIN RANGES. JUST A FEW 
PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN OVER EASTERN MOLOKAI AND INTERIOR 
LANAI. OVER MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE EASTERN SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA WITH A FEW CLOUDS OVER THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. OVER THE 
BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE WINDWARD SLOPES FROM 
NORTH KOHALA SOUTHWARD THROUGH THE HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. PATCHES 
OF LOW CLODUS ARE ALSO SEEN OVER THE SOUTHEAST KAU SLOPES.

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.