Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 21:42:10 -0600

293 
FZPN01 KWBC 190341
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N131W 972 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
240 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 
TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 38N TO 54N BETWEEN 125W AND 138W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N133W 982 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND 660 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT.
ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 51N E OF 157W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N128W 985 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND 360 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 42N137W 993 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 46N133W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 155W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 155W AND 176E AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 157W AND 174E AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N180W 1006 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 66N174W 
TO LOW CENTER TO 36N167E. WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 52N178E BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N166E 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N178E 1006 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW...660 NM
NE AND 600 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 56N180W BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N163E 1001 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N180W 1005 MB. WITHIN 420 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 540 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT.
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
38N140W TO 56N153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 170E AND 163E WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 171E AND 162E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY OVER 
ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 59N180W TO 40N168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N174W TO 48N174E AND FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 53N BETWEEN 160W AND 
177W. 

.HIGH 45N170W 1036 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N167W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N168W 1030 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N168E 1029 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST...CORRECTED PRESSURE OF LOW NEAR 07N86W.

.COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT NW WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N125W TO 25N140W. NW OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 20N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N123W TO 26N130W THEN STATIONARY 
TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 12 FT 
IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N117W TO 20N130W TO 
12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. 

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS BUILDING TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.TROUGH 17N138W TO 08N142W. FROM 14N TO 18N WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
TROUGH E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. S OF 10N W OF 132W SE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH W OF AREA. FROM 14N TO 18N W OF 135W E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 125W AND 135W 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 10N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED SE AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 09N113W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N116W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE AND 120 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N119W 1008 MB. LITTLE CHANGE 
IN WINDS AND SEAS.  

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N86W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N86W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N87W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0245 UTC SUN DEC 19...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N77W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
07N86W TO LOW PRES NEAR 09N113W TO 06N127W TO 11N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. 

$$
.FORECASTER COBB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.