Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 22:40:31 -0600

684 
FZPN40 PHFO 190440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 22N179E 1000 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. STATIONARY FRONT FROM 
27N180E TO 28N165W TO 27N148W CONTINUING AS A COLD FRONT TO 29N140W. 
FRONTS MOVING S SLOWLY. ANOTHER STATIONARY FRONT FROM 25N174W TO 
20N172W TO 13N176W. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 180E AND 158W. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW CENTER. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E QUADRANT AND 60 NM N AND S 
QUADRANTS OF LOW...ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 12N174W TO 18N166W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE E OF SECOND FRONT AND N OF LINE 
11N175W TO 15N167W TO 27N150W...AND ALSO N OF 26N E OF 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 21N180W 999 MB. FRONT FROM 27N179E TO 26N165W 
TO 26N150W TO 26N140W. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
FRONT W OF 155W.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT OF 
LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 24N174W 999 MB. FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 
26N161W TO 22N146W TO 23N140W. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF FRONT W OF 
160W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT BETWEEN 160W AND 150W. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E MOVING E 10 KT. AFTER 12 HOURS 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 24N160E. N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KTS N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FROM 30N166E TO 23N160E. 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 14N140W TO 10N143W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 145W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 17N140W TO 14N144W AND WEAKENING. 

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 23N155W TO 10N170W TO 05N180E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 23N160E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 13 TO 17 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 176E AND 157W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 23N160E TO 16N170E TO 17N180E TO 25N170W TO 
26N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 14 TO 22 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 174E AND 162W. 
SEAS 14 TO 17 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 162W AND 150W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 16N160E TO 14N172E TO 19N180E...AND N OF 21N E 
OF 180E. SEAS HIGHEST TO THE N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 16 TO 23 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 174E AND 162W. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 15N. SEAS HIGHEST TO THE N. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N146W TO 09N154W TO 12N162W.. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 30 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.