Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 23:34:11 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 190600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/190600Z-200600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22.6N 179.8E
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 22.5N 179.8E, APPROXIMATELY 375 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHWEST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS A WELL DEVELOPED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
CENTRAL CONVECTION ALOFT, HOWEVER FURTHER ANALYSIS INDICATES THE
SYSTEM APPEARS TO BE SUBTROPICAL. A RECENT AMSU CROSS-SECTION AND
200 MB ANALYSIS DEPICT A COLD-CORE CUT OFF LOW ALOFT WITH A COLD-
CORE ANOMALY EXTENDING UP TO 10 KM. THE CIMMS TOTAL PRECIPITABLE
WATER PRODUCT SHOWS COLD, DRY, AIR BEING ENTRAINED INTO THE SYSTEM
FROM THE NORTHWEST. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1000 MB. THE SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY ASSESSED AS SUBTROPICAL AND WILL BE
CLOSELY MONITORED FOR POSSIBLE TRANSITION INTO A TROPICAL SYSTEM.
BASED ON THE ABOVE ASSESSMENT THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.