Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 03:42:12 -0600

497 
FZPN01 KWBC 190941
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N133W 976 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
240 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT.
ELSEWHERE FROM 44N TO 53N BETWEEN 124W AND 149W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N132W 984 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N128W 987 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE AND 360 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N134W 992 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 720 NM W AND 480 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 157W AND 177E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 158W AND 177E AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 161W AND 174E AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N173W 998 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 66N173W
TO LOW CENTER TO 54N178W TO 45N172E TO 37N169E. WITHIN 360 NM E 
OF THE FRONT...AND WITHIN 300 NM W OF THE FRONT N OF 56N WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N177E BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N168E 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N177E 1006 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE AND 480 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 56N180W BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N167E 1005 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N180W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 420 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 25 TO 40 KT.
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N137W 988 MB. FROM 34N TO 54N BETWEEN 
139W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 170E AND 162E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 171E AND 161E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY OVER 
ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 61N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 
57N BETWEEN 159W AND 176W.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 56N177W TO 43N170E...AND FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
121W AND 127W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 46N TO 53N BETWEEN 169W AND 
173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 47N TO 52N BETWEEN 162W AND 
168W.

.HIGH 44N169W 1034 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N166W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N167W 1028 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N169E 1029 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N131W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N123W TO 25N140W. NW OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.  
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N118W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 24N130W THEN STATIONARY 
TO 15N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N115W TO 10N140W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 09N113W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N118W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N120W 1009 MB. S OF 08N W OF 
118W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N87W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N87W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N87W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE SE TO S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN DEC 19...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N78W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
07N87W TO LOW PRES NEAR 09N113W TO 06N127W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE N OF 07N E OF 80W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.