Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 04:45:35 -0600

396 
FZPN40 PHFO 191045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 21N179E 998 MB MOVING S 5 KT. WINDS 30 TO 45 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LOW CENTER. NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW 
CENTER. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 20N180E 997 MB. WINDS 35 TO 50 KT WITHIN 120 
NM OF LOW CENTER. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 22N175W 999 MB. WINDS 35 TO 50 KT WITHIN 150 
NM OF LOW CENTER.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 25N153W TO 27N163W TO 26N179E TO 22N172E TO 
24N169E. FRONT MOVING S 10 KT E OF 160W. FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY W 
OF 160W. NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF FRONT BETWEEN 149W AND 174E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 24N150W TO 27N161W TO 
28N175W TO 25N175E. NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF FRONT W OF 151W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 21N140W TO 22N150W TO 25N160W TO 
30N172W. E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF FRONT W OF 155W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 26N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 24N160E. N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 22N160E. N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 25N176W TO 16N164W MOVING NE 15 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM OF TROUGH E OF 172W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH W OF 172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 20N170W TO 18N165W TO 19N158W. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 26N170W TO 21N163W TO 19N157W. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM N OF TROUGH W OF 166W. 

.CONVERGENCE ZONE FROM 06N173E TO 15N172W NEARLY STATIONARY. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM E OF CONVERGENCE ZONE N OF 10N. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM E OF CONVERGENCE 
ZONE N OF 11N. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF CONVERGENCE ZONE S 
OF 11N.

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 24N149W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N169E TO 26N163E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 27N150W TO 26N180W TO 
20N179E TO TO 25N169E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
26N140W TO 23N180W TO 16N179E TO 26N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 163W AND 177E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 23N170W TO 
20N180W TO 25N172E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 18N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N158W TO 
21N170W TO 20N179E TO 27N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 17N.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N150W TO 15N158W...AND FROM 07N166E TO 
05N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.