Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 09:50:19 -0600

031 
FZPN01 KWBC 191549
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N134W 977 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
240 NM SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 300 NM W AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 53N E 
OF 157W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N132W 984 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 48N132W 988 MB. 
FROM 30N TO 52N E OF 153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 156W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 160W AND 177E AREA OF 
E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N175E 1001 MB. N OF 30N S OF A LINE 
FROM 44N164E TO 44N180W TO 35N161W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 
22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N172E 1003 MB MOVING N 20 KT. S OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
WITHIN 840 NM NE AND 660 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N173E 999 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW...720 NM 
SE AND 420 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N173W 1008 MB. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 48N BETWEEN 174E AND 158W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 48N157E 992 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 30N W OF 167E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED WITH AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 54N173E MENTIONED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS N OF 42N BETWEEN 
147W AND 170W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOWS 55N173W AND 
48N132W MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N W OF 161W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW WELL NW OF AREA. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF 
THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N173E MENTIONED ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 174E AND 160E AREA OF 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 34N175E 
MENTIONED ABOVE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 59N170W TO 44N169E AND FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 120W 
AND 126W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE 
FROM 55N175E TO 50N163W TO 46N179W BACK TO 55N175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 44N168W 1035 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N165W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N169W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N162E 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N172E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N130W TO 27N140W. NW OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N125W TO 27N130W THEN STATIONARY 
TO 24N140W. NW OF LINE 30N119W TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N121W TO 24N130W THEN STATIONARY 
TO 16N140W. N OF 28N W OF 130W W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 29N115W TO 10N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.LOW PRES 09N114W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N117W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM 
SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N121W 1010 MB. S OF 08N W OF 
122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 07N86W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N85W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N88W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 88W NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN DEC 19...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 06N78W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
07N86W TO LOW PRES NEAR 09N114W TO 07N1140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW NEAR 09N114W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.