Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 10:45:39 -0600

044 
FZPN40 PHFO 191645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 21N179E 997 MB MOVING SSW SLOWLY. WINDS 35 TO 50 KT WITHIN 90 
NM OF LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW 
CENTER. NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW 
CENTER. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...20N179W 998 MB. 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW CENTER. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...25N174W 1002 MB. 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW CENTER.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 25N150W TO 27N161W TO 25N179E TO 24N174E TO 
26N170E. FRONT MOVING S 10 KT E OF 155W. FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY W 
OF 155W. NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF FRONT BETWEEN 150W AND 173E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 24N140W TO 24N153W TO 27N168W TO 
29N179E TO 25N175E. E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF FRONT W OF 153W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 20N140W TO 22N154W TO 30N172W. E TO SE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 24N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 25N160E MOVING E SLOWLY. N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 23N160E. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 22N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 21N172W TO 16N162W MOVING NE 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 
270 NM OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 24N170W TO 20N158W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.CONVERGENCE ZONE FROM 06N172E TO 10N180W TO 16N172W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF CONVERGENCE 
ZONE N OF 08N. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
CONVERGENCE ZONE N OF 11N. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF 
CONVERGENCE ZONE S OF 11N.

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 23N149W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 26N150W TO 26N179W TO 
19N180W TO 24N172E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
25N140W TO 24N178W TO 16N180W TO 18N166E TO 24N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 160W AND 176E. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N154W TO 22N170W TO 
19N180W TO 24N172E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 18N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160W TO 
21N170W TO 25N180W TO 21N174E TO 24N162E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF 16N.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 09N146W...AND FROM 07N164E TO 07N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.