Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:59:19 -0600

049 
FZPN01 KWBC 192158
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 47N134W 980 MB MOVING S 05 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 32N TO 56N E OF 155W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N131W 982 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 660 NM 
S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 47N132W 989 MB. 
FROM 30N TO 52N E OF 148W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 37N140W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 157W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 160W AND 173E AREA OF 
E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N173E 995 MB. N OF 30N S OF A LINE 
FROM 45N160E TO 46N179W TO 30N159W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N173E 1002 MB MOVING N 20 KT. S OF 57N WITHIN 540 NM NE 
AND 660 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N172E 999 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM LOW CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N166W 1010 MB. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 48N BETWEEN 176E AND 155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N160E 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED WITH AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 56N172E MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
57N155W TO 43N147W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOWS 54N166W AND 
47N132W MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N W OF 161W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW WELL N OF AREA. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 57N W OF 
162W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 56N172E MENTIONED ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN AN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 49N171E TO 53N172W TO 42N175E BACK TO 
49N171E AND FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM OF 51N172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 43N167W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N166E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N171E 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N128W TO 26N140W.  NW OF FRONT  NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  N OF 27N WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT 
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N124W TO 17N140W.  N OF 27N 
WITHIN 240 NM E FRONT  SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N118W TO 15N135W TO 08N135W TO 08N140W   
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 16N140W.  N OF 28N W OF 
130W  W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.  
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 28N115W TO 10N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.LOW PRES AT 09N115W 1012 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT  S TO 
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 10N119W 1012 MB.  WITHIN 180 NM 
SE QUADRANT  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES DISSIPATE.  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 08N85W 1010 MB.  WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 
20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 07N85W 1010 MB.  WITHIN 180 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 07N86W 1011 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LOW PRES  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 12 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W  
NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN DEC 19...

SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW PRES 09N115W.
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM S SEMICIRCLE OF LOW PRES 08N85W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM LOW PRES AT 08N85W 
TO 04N91W TO 11N113W TO 05N35W TO 05N1140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.